- Oral Contraceptives
there were concerns that the old high-dose Pill could increase the
risk of heart disease, the new low-dose formulations contain only a
quarter of the estrogen and one-tenth the progestin and have decreased
the risks of all adverse effects. The surprise, though, is that the health benefits of OCs go beyond
contraception, and outlast the reproductive years.
- Fosamax (Alendronate) for
- Some 30 to 40 percent of postmenopausal women suffer from osteoporosis,
the "bone-thinning" disease that results in a bone so brittle and easily
fractured that it can break spontaneously.
- How Far Can You Trust
- Half of all drug prescriptions filled these days are generics, and most
large insurers, as well as Medicare and Medicaid, favor them because they're cheaper. Even
- Home Remedies
- Some home remedies are so bizarre that scientific research will probably
never be done. Here are a few remedies that are supported by some scientific evidence and
may be worth a try...
- Calcium Supplementation
- Calcium is a mineral that your body needs to build and maintain strong
bones. It is not produced within the body so it must come from outside sources....
- Should I Take DHEA?
- DHEA, or Dehydroepiandrosterone, has had much popular press recently. It
is a "phytochemical", meaning that while derived from plants...